Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Nashville?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Nashville? As a general rule, you should consider three primary areas of your property for camera installations: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your installation team can recommend where you should begin, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Door
Even though you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to casually enter through the front door, 34% of invasions take place near this obvious access point. You also have delivery bandits among other risks to deal with. A video doorbell is able to handle these types of possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you can speak with all guests who come and press the button. With the help of your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-direction audio and live video and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor does try to do something nefarious, you will have your camera document the event on video and transmit it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to make sure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Nashville home offer a large viewing angle, seeing two sections of your yard.
- Right under an overhang or into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partially obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more enticing passageway for intruders than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or sliding door -- or any doorway not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to cut back any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Surveillance
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Nashville. That same versatility means you have other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window might cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Direct the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will provide a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. Consider mounting or another means of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if you’ve got a plant in the way. On the other hand, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to cloak your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Just call (615) 257-7896 or complete the following form to start your project.