Home security cameras can easily be placed as a deterrent—a sign that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with a number of features all built to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions enable you to have the most from security cameras in Nashville.
How To Set Up Your Nashville Video Surveillance For Premiere Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing the components in the right areas within your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and patio, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front door with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom could impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the foundation for utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in Nashville. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime unusual movement is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with guests via the device. Via ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to guard specific locations within your house.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Nashville is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (615) 257-7896 or fill out the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.