The latest home security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. With that being said, it doesn't take much to forget to perform easy security duties like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Nashville, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Nashville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by grouping all components onto the same network. You can then draw a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you exit your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the devices you can manage with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Nashville. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera notices strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Make your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Nashville
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (615) 257-7896 or complete the form below to get started on your optimal security system.